Image Issues and Recommendations
It is important to recognize the difference between an overall problem with your sublimation or cotton decorating system or just the image(s) you are attempting to print. Below are some steps to troubleshoot potential image issues and recommendations to improve the quality of your output.
- Only evaluate color from a pressed substrate and not the printed transfer sheet.
- Output and press a completely different image (perhaps one you have produced before) to see if the problem still exists.
- Download, output and press a test file from Sawgrass. Compare it to your image(s).
- Check the resolution (dpi) of your image(s) at 100% of the desired final dimensions.
|If the images are low resolution (i.e. 72 or 96 dpi) such as an image copied from the internet or captured by a poor quality camera phone, they will not produce suitable results. The recommended resolution for high quality sublimated images is 200 dpi at a minimum. Hard substrates may require higher resolutions such as 300 dpi.
- Are your images RGB or CMYK? The PowerDriver uses RGB information to accurately convert output to the color of inks in the printer. For the best results, Sawgrass recommends that all graphics files be in RGB color format, not CMYK.