Time, Temperature and Pressure Settings
Time, Temperature and Pressure Settings (printable document)
Time, Temperature and Pressure Tips
- Due to variations in substrates and heat presses, the recommended heat press settings may vary for your environment.
- For best results, test different time / temperature combinations to find one that works best with your substrate / heat press combination.
- Please note, higher temperatures generally require less time to prevent scorching.
- An insufficient time / temperature combination could hinder complete transfer of the sublimation inks to the substrate which may then appear “washed out.”
- Calibrating your heat press is also recommended to ensure an accurate temperature. For this procedure, temperature test strips are more accurate than the use of infrared temperature guns.