Troubleshooting Color Issues
Issues with color can be associated with many points in the cotton decorating process. To properly identify the root cause of your specific problem, it is important to go through the complete list of troubleshooting steps outlined below. If you are still having issues after following these suggestions, please contact Sawgrass technical support.
- Ensure that you using ChromaBlast paper.
- Only evaluate color from a pressed substrate and not the printed transfer sheet.
- Verify you are using the suggested time, temperature and pressure settings for ChromaBlast.
- Is this a new printer that had the Ricoh (OEM) ink previously installed?
- Ensure that your nozzle check is complete.
- Are you using the Sawgrass ChromaBlast driver? If not, download and install ChromaBlast driver.
- Check that your design software is properly configured.
- Print and press a primary chart.
- Is the problem with only one image or all images?
- Is the issue with one particular substrate?
- Are you having problems with spot colors?
- Verify the ink's recommended use by date has not passed.
- Is another type of ICC profile being used? These can sometimes conflict with the ChromaBlast driver’s ability to accurately control color. We suggest other profiles be eliminated from the workflow for troubleshooting purposes.
- Uninstall and Reinstall ChromaBlast driver.