Driving What’s Next
For more than 25 years, Sawgrass has been the leader in the dye sublimation and digital ink industry, holding more than 160 patents to-date. We are ink makers by definition and digital pioneers by choice. More than that, we are a worldwide team of innovators, enablers, educators, collaborators and problem solvers dedicated to helping people build, sustain and scale their digital customisation businesses.
Sawgrass connects people to the trends that shape opportunities in the marketplace. We bring together the technologies that make global digital customisation and personalisation possible into a single system that includes: proprietary ink and colour management software, leading printer and heat press manufacturers, extensive support and education tools. We serve the needs of nearly any size business, from home-based shops with desktop capabilities to factory-scale production -- and everything in between.
Sawgrass is headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with additional offices in Sheffield, England. We proudly offer an extensive global dealer network that services more than 100 countries throughout North and South America, Europe, Africa, Australia and Asia.
- Introduced video capture software product.
- Developed first hybrid sublimation ribbon.
- Signed OEM agreement with Seiko Instruments USA.
- Awarded patent for thermal printing method.
- Introduced ColorPrint software for rental uniform industry.
- Awarded patent on inkjet and surface preparation method.
- Introduced PowerPrint ribbon for Fargo printers.
- Introduced ColorPower colour management software.
- Introduced SubliJet sublimation inks for Epson inkjet printers.
- Introduced SubliJet sublimation inks for wide format printers.
- Introduced PowerDriver colour management software.
- Introduced sublimation ribbon for Matan printers.
- Introduced SubliMAX laser sublimation toners.
- Introduced new generation of sublimation inks with SubliJet XL.
- Introduced SubliJet for the Roland Hi-Fi JET PRO.
- Launched Natura Digital Apparel system for cotton apparel.
- Established licensing agreements with BASF, Hilord Chemical and Sensient Imaging Technologies.
- Launched SubliJet-IQ sublimation inks for improved printability and colour output.
- Licensed World Emblem & Ensign Emblem in rental uniform industry.
- Established OEM relationship with Roland for HeatWave sublimation systems.
- Tropical Graphics, makers of ArTainium sublimation inks, became a wholly owned subsidiary of Sawgrass Technologies.
- Opened office in England.
- Introduced sublimation and cotton decorating digital transfer solutions for Epson C87/C88/D88 around the globe.
- Expanded global presence with acquisition of Rotech Digital. Opened an office in Denmark.
- Introduced TEC Film and TEC Tile to sublimation market.
- Sawgrass honoured as leading innovator from Charleston Business Journal.
- Introduced 8-colour digital transfer solutions for the Epson R1800/800 & 4800 desktop systems for ArTainium and SubliJet.
- Launch of Jet Black, Red and Blue SubliJet-IQ inks for 6-colour production/wide format printers.
- Established licensing agreements with CIBA Specialty Chemicals and Lechler SPA (Kiian).
- Hired Dr. Mickael Mheidle as the first CEO of Sawgrass Europe, and established European Headquarters in Basel, Switzerland.
- Introduced ChromaBlast, the extreme digital imaging system for cotton decorating.
- Introduced NaturaLink cotton decorating ink technology for direct-to-garment printers.
- Introduced the proprietary Direct Advantage printer for the direct-to-cotton market.
- Released SubliM, a new high speed sublimation ink for commercial & industrial applications.
- Introduced M ink - UV-resistant, environmentally friendly, prints on any substrate - the most advanced digital inks in the world.
- Announced division into two new business units: Sawgrass Consumer Division and Sawgrass Industrial Division. This division was in response to increased demand and global synergies that had developed within each of the consumer and industrial market segments.
- Sawgrass Industrial introduces MxF ink for printing nylon flags and banners with no steaming or washing.
- Sawgrass Industrial introduces SubliM Direct SPS inks for grand format printing.
- Sawgrass Technologies & InkTec sign license agreement for sublimation technology.
- Sawgrass Industrial debuts M-XTR™ pigment ink.
- Sawgrass Industrial debuts SGPrintTM premium RIP solution.
- Sawgrass Consumer introduces SubliJet-E Professional sublimation ink.
- Sawgrass Consumer introduces SubliJet-R sublimation ink for use in Ricoh printers.
- Sawgrass Consumer introduces ChromaBlast-R cotton transfer ink for use in Ricoh printers.
- Sawgrass Technologies & Seiko Epson Corporation sign license agreement for sublimation technology.
- Sawgrass introduces SubliJet-IQ Pro Photo sublimation ink.
- Sawgrass introduces PowerDriver v4 colour management.
- Sawgrass Technologies & Kiian group sign new license agreement for sublimation technology.
- Sawgrass undergoes complete re-branding of company. Launches new product logos, packaging and updated and improved website.
- Sawgrass introduces the first HD product decorating solution with SubliJet-HD sublimation ink for the Virtuoso SG400/SG800 printers.
- Sawgrass Technologies & J-Teck3 sign new license agreement for sublimation technology.
- Sawgrass launches CreativeStudio online design software.
- Sawgrass expands Virtuoso line of printers with a new 8-colour 24 in / 630 mm solution.
- Sawgrass sells Industrial Division to the JK Group, which includes the Kiian and J-Teck brands.