Skill Level: Intermediate
Tools & Supplies to Make It:
- DesignMate+ Membership
- Sawgrass SG500 or SG1000 Printer
- 15″x15″ or larger Flat Press
- 11″x17″ or larger sublimation paper
- Glitter Tote Bag
- Lint roller
- Heat tape
- Blowout paper
How to Create It:
- Log into the Sawgrass Exchange and start a new creation in DesignMate.
- For your product, select the Glitter Tote Bag. It can be found under Bags & Totes.
- On the Create Your Design panel, click on Designs. Click on the filter icon and then select Ivy Pink and click Apply.
- Choose the Happy Halloween design.
- The image seems to be sized perfectly for the area, but if you wanted to reduce the image size, use your mouse to lasso around the images and select them all as a group. Then, use the resize icon on the group to reduce the size. It should stay centered.
- If you are not able to print full bleed and press it onto the bag, you can delete the background. On the top menu, hit the trash can icon next to the work background and delete.
- When your design is finished, his the Continue button to move to the Product Details page.
- You’ll be prompted to name your design, put it in a Category folder, and then hit save.
- On the Product Detail page, you’ll give the project a name and add a description, then hit print.
How to Print It:
- Make sure that you are seeing the popup to Open PrintMate and are hitting Open PrintMate. If you are not seeing this, you’ll need to disable your popup blocker.
- In PrintMate, start by scrolling down and make sure your print orientation is set to Portrait.
- For this project, you can use the preset Canvas Tote Bag.
- Make sure that the media size and type match what you have in the printer.
- If you are not doing a full bleed tote, and your file is not quite fitting on the paper, you can go to the Design Files area and select Fit to Paper Size to reduce the print area to what you can accommodate.
- On the Color Management tab, we suggest having Color Mode set to Vibrant.
How to Press It:
- Turn your press on and set the temperature to 385 degrees Fahrenheit and the time to 45 seconds.
- Pressure should be medium.
- Prepare your bag by using a lint roller to remove any fibers or dust.
- Place your design face down on the bag and tape it down.
- Place the bag on the lower platen of the press with the printer page on top.
- Place a piece of blowout paper on top.
- Close the press and wait 45 seconds before opening the press and remove the printed bag.
Tips & Tricks:
- Getting lines on your fabric items? Ripping the edges of paper helps prevent those hard lines.
- Keep zippers outside of the press when possible. if this isn’t possible you can use a pressing pillow inside the bag to prevent damage to the zipper.