Skill Level: Beginner
Tools & Supplies to Make It:
- DesignMate+ Membership
- Sawgrass SG500 or SG1000 Printer
- 12″x12″ or larger Flat Press
- 8×5″x11″ or larger sublimation paper
- Sequin Cosmetic Bag
- Alcohol wipes or Alcohol and a Lint-free cloth
- Heat tape
- Blowout paper
How to Create It:
- Log into the Sawgrass Exchange and start a new creation in DesignMate.
- For your product, select the Flip Sequin Cosmetic bag. It can be found under Bags & Totes.
- On the Create your Design panel, click on Designs. Click the filter icon and then select Ivy Pink and click apply.
- Choose the trick or treat design, which should be first.
- The image seems to be sized perfectly for the area, but if you wanted to reduce the image size, use your mouse to lasso around the images and select them all as a group. Then, use the resize icon on the group to reduce the size. It should stay centered.
- When your design is finished, hit the Continue button to move the product details page.
- You’ll be prompted to name your design, put it in a Category folder, and then hit Save.
- On the Product Detail page, you’ll give the project a name and add a description, then hit Print.
How to Print It:
- Make sure that you are seeing the popup to Open PrintMate and are hitting Open PrintMate. If you are not seeing this, you’ll need to disable your popup blocker.
- In PrintMate, start by scrolling down and changing your print orientation to Landscape.
- We do not have a preset for Sequins, so make sure your settings are as follows:
- Under job settings, make sure mirror is clicked. Center on page will move the design to the middle of the paper.
- Your product should be Metal and your print quality should be High Quality.
- Make sure that the media size and type match what you have in the printer.
- On the Color Management tab, we suggest having the Color Mode set to Vibrant.
- When you’ve confirmed all of your settings, hit Print.
How to Press It:
- Turn your press on and set the temperature to 385 degrees Fahrenheit and the time to 45 seconds.
- Pressure should be light to medium.
- Make sure that all the sequins have the white side up,
- If there are fingerprints on the sequins, you can wipe those away with a lint-free cloth and alcohol.
- Place your design face up and then place the bag on it and tape the two together with heat-resistant tape.
- Place the bag on the lower platen of the heat press with the printer page on top.
- Place a piece of blowout paper on top.
- Close the press and wait 45 seconds before opening it and remove the printed bag.
Tips & Tricks:
- Flip the sequins back and forth once or twice immediately after removing paper to keep them from sticking.
- You an change the text on this design to make it even more yours!