Skill Level: Intermediate
Tools & Supplies to Make It:
- DesignMate+ Membership
- Sawgrass SG500 or SG1000 Printer
- 12”x12” or larger Flat Press
- “8.5×11” or larger sublimation paper
- Neoprene Can Hugger
- Lint Roller
- Heat Tape
- Blowout Paper
How to Create It:
- Log into the Sawgrass Exchange and start a new creation in DesignMate.
- For your product, select the Neoprene Can Hugger. It can be found under Drinkware.
- On the Create Your Design Panel, click on Designs. Click on the filter icon and then select Country Living and click apply.
- Choose the Let’s Go Girls design.
- The image may come in a little large for the area, so use your mouse to lasso around the images and select them all as a group. Then, use the resize icon on the group to reduce the size. It should stay centered.
- To add the same design to the second side, click on copy design on the top of the design area. Make sure back is selected and then chose Apply Design.
- You may need to select the design and make sure it is centered.
- When your design is finished, hit the Continue button to move to the product details page.
- You’ll be prompted to name your design, put it in a Category folder, and then then hit save.
- On the Product Detail page, you’ll give the project a name and add a description, then hit print.
How to Print It:
- Make sure that you are seeing the popup to Open PrintMate and are hitting Open PrintMate. If you are not seeing this, you’ll need to disable your popup blocker.
- In PrintMate, start by scrolling down and making sure your print orientation is set to Portrait.
- For this project, you can use the preset Can Hugger.
- Make sure that the media size and type match what you have in the printer.
- On the Color Management Tab, we suggest having the Color Mode set to Vibrant.
- When you’ve confirmed all of your settings, Hit Print.
How to Press It:
- Turn your press on and set the temperature to 385 degrees and the time to 45 seconds. Pressure should be light.
- Prepare your can hugger by using a lint roller to remove any fibers or dust.
- We will do each side at a time.
- Place your design face down on the can hugger and tape it down.
- Place the can hugger on the lower platen of the press with the printed page on top.
- Place a piece of blowout paper on top.
- Close the press and wait 45 seconds before opening the press and removed the printed can hugger.
- Once slightly cool, flip the can hugger over and repeat the steps to press the other side.
Tips & Tricks:
- You want to make sure the pressure is low enough that you don’t flatten the hugger.
- Using a spray adhesive or putting cardboard inside the hugger will help make sure that you get full coverage.