Skill Level: Beginner
Tools & Supplies to Make It:
- DesignMate+ Membership
- Sawgrass SG500 or SG1000 Printer
- 15″x15″ or larger Flat Press
- 8.5″x11″ or larger sublimation paper
- Polyester t-shirt
- Lint roller
- Heat tape
- Blowout paper
How to Create It:
- Log into the Sawgrass Exchange and start a new creation in DesignMate.
- For your product, select the Fitted Solar Short Sleeve T-Shirt. It can be found under Clothing.
- On the Create Your Design panel, click on Designs. Click on the filter icon and then select Autumn and click Apply.
- Choose the ‘Tis the Season design.
- The image seems to be sized perfectly for the area, but if you wanted to reduce the image size, use your mouse to lasso around the images and select them all as a group. Then, use the resize icon on the group to reduce the size. It should stay centered.
- When your design is finished, hit the Continue button to move to the product details page.
- You’ll be prompted to name your design, put it in a Category folder, and then hit save.
- On the Product Detail page, you’ll give the project a name and add a description, then hit Print.
How to Print It:
- Make sure that you are seeing the popup to Open PrintMate and are hitting Open PrintMate. If you are not seeing this, you’ll need to disable your popup blocker.
- In PrintMate, start by scrolling down and making sure your print orientation is set to Landscape.
- For this project, you can use the preset Polyester T-Shirts.
- Make sure that the media size and type match what you have in the printer. T-shirts are set up for tabloid, but if you want a smaller design, set your paper size and then go to design files and click Fit to Paper Size.
- On the Color Management tab, we suggest having the Color Mode set to Vibrant.
- When you’ve confirmed all of your settings, hit Print.
How to Press It:
- Turn your press on and set the temperature to 385 degrees Farenheit and the time to 45 seconds.
- Pressure should be medium.
- Prepare your t-shirt by using a lint roller to remove any fibers or dust.
- Place your design face down on the t-shirt and tape it down.
- Place the t-shirt on the power platen of the press with the printed page on top.
- Place a piece of blowout paper on top.
- Close the press and wait 45 seconds before opening the press and removing the printed bag.
Tips & Tricks:
- Getting lines on your fabric items? Ripping the edges of paper helps prevent those hard lines.
- Place blowout paper in the shirt to prevent any ink from accidentally getting on the back of the shirt.